The ARC is finally here, and there’s a lot to talk about. Our newest multi-tool combines innovations first seen in the Garage BATCH #005: 40th ANNIVERSARY tool with premium materials never used before in our regular line-up of Leatherman multi-tools. Let’s dig in and give you a closer look at seven standout features of the ARC.
Top 7 highlights of leatherman arc
1. Premium Materials
- CPM MAGNACUT® KNIFE BLADE: An industry-first, ARC’s knife is made from MagnaCut® steel which hits the sweet spot of qualities that make a superior knife blade. It has excellent edge retention, toughness, and corrosion resistance. It is a relatively new steel on the market and was designed specifically as a knife steel. It’s also particularly well suited for harsh conditions and wet environments. Leatherman has chosen to use this steel in the ARC to give our users the best possible cutting performance on the best multi-tool we’ve ever made.
- EDGE RETENTION: Stays sharper longer, so you can rely on a safe and effective knife blade.
- TOUGHNESS: Resistance to chipping and breaking under stress. As the most-used feature of a multi-tool, it needs to withstand hard, daily use.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE: How well the knife blade can stand up to the elements, to moisture, humidity, and salt.
- DLC COATING: The diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on the blade adds extra corrosion resistance. The blade and handles use DLC coating for superior durability and corrosion resistance.
2. EASY TO USE WITH FREE TECHNOLOGY
Built on the FREE® technology platform, ARC uses magnets so features open easily (no fingernails required), move smoothly, and lock into place with a satisfying click. FREE makes a brand new tool feel like an old favorite. No need to break it in. It’s smooth from the start. Best of all, every feature—even the pliers—can be opened with one hand.
3. CUSTOMIZABLE BIT DRIVER
The first tool on the FREE® platform to use this highly-requested feature. A fan favorite, replaceable bit drivers extends the capability of any multi-tool, so of course we included it on our newest premium ARC. Because when it comes to getting the job done, a bit driver can make all the difference between “close enough” and “exactly right.”
4. THUMB STUD
Not only does the ARC include the highest quality knife blade in multi-tool history, but it’s also easy to deploy. Open the blade easily and smoothly with one hand, thanks to the thumb stud.
5. VERSATILE FILES
ARC is equipped with a premium diamond-coated file, wood/metal file, and an edge file, so you always have the right tool for the job at hand.
6. moveable pocket clip
Arc is the first Leatherman multi-tool to include a pocket clip that can be attached to either side of the tool. This fan requested feature lets you carry your Arc your way.
7. EXTRA BITS & CUSTOM SHEATH
Every ARC ships with two of our bestselling accessories. Eight double-ended bits give you maximum capability out of the box. Carry your ARC with the included pocket clip or in the four-pocket custom sheath made from rugged ballistic nylon.
see it in action
Is ARC a limited edition or Garage release?
No, ARC is part of our regular product line. Though several of its innovations were first seen on the Garage BATCH #005: 40th ANNIVERSARY release, the ARC is not limited edition and will be available for purchase for the foreseeable future.
Is the ARC replacing FREE P2 and P4?
The ARC builds on what those multi-tools accomplished but with better materials and the most in-demand features.
Where can I learn more about FREE Technology?
You can learn more about all our tools that use FREE technology here.